Some say the most difficult part of writing a text – is to start. But topic selection even precedes this starting point. This activity takes off a lot of time, and sometimes imagination just doesn’t work in your favor. That’s where our list of best research paper topics will come in handy. We collected the most unhacked and powerful ideas to turn the average piece of writing into a compelling research paper. Discover how to choose suitable and interesting research topics with our help.
Start With Observing Your Interests
If you are confused with a variety of interesting topics to research on the Internet, it’s better to decide what interests you the most. Don’t stick to easy research paper topics just to complete the task fast. If you are allowed to freely choose what to write on your own, use the opportunity to create something unique. Write down the list of your interests and break down every idea into small certain topics. When you have a list in front of your eyes, it will be easier to make up your mind and start considering a particular issue.
Then you should examine what aspect of the topic is preferable for you to outline in your research paper. A list will save you here again. Use pros/cons template to include all the arguments and objections to the issues.
Check the Info
If a topic is a backbone of your paper, then information is its essential body element. Before settling on the research topic ideas, you have to make sure there is enough information for you to model the main body of your paper. It is recommended to use textbooks (both online and offline), articles and other sources that deal with scientific explanations and review your topic from the most debatable side. Especially if you decided to stop on controversial topics for research papers, you should prepare in advance and look up for the strong arguments to support your thesis.
Our experts carefully developed unique research paper ideas to equip you with good research topics and ease your writing procedure entirely!
Research Paper Topics on Medicine
- Is life-sustaining therapy needed when it’s futile?
- The role of placebo treatment
- How to avoid animal testing?
- Pros and contras of medical marijuana
- Is cow milk healthy?
- Is being a vegetarian useful for child’s health?
- How obesity affects our health?
- Vaccines for kids: their usefulness or damage
- Should prescription drugs be advertised directly to consumers?
- Do doctors turn their patients into drug addicts?
Research Paper Topics on Education
- How can standardized tests improve education?
- Does college graduates make more money?
- Should education be cheaper?
- How will modern technologies change the way of teaching in the future?
- The creation of particular learning methods for blind children
- Social networking and school
- Metal detectors at schools
- The effects of contemporary teaching methods
- The role of technology in lesson planning
- How to manage bullies and take actions against bullying at education institutions?
Research Paper Topics on Environment
- How to reduce global warming?
- How to stop wasting paper and save trees?
- Can overpopulation be managed?
- Should more films about environmental issues be produced?
- Human impacts on forests
- Underground effects of earthquakes
- How to elaborate optimal adaptation of buildings threatened by hurricanes?
- Is it possible to predict hurricane impacts?
- Is nuclear power safe for humans?
- How dangerous is GMO food?
Research Paper Topics on Entertainment and Sport
- Are social networks good for our society?
- Do violent video games make kids angry and cruel?
- Is it necessary to forbid using animals for entertainment?
- Do beauty contests set the non-achievable beauty standards?
- Are newspapers going to be replaced by online sources of information?
- How gaming consoles influence the youth?
- Should women be allowed to compete against men?
- What television programs should be banned?
- How tv shows impose fake moral standards?
- Can the use of social media, such as Facebook, lower teens’ self-esteem?
Research Paper Topics on Politics
- Should the drinking age be lowered?
- Should adults have the right to carry a concealed handgun?
- More gun control laws should be enacted
- How can the international community prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons?
- How can ethnic killings be stopped?
- Current prospect for peace between Israel and the Palestinians
- What world would be like without wars?
- How to avoid workforce reduction?
- Should the death penalty be allowed?
- Is socialism possible?
Research Paper Topics on Psychology
- Is autism a disease or a development idiosyncrasy?
- How to forecast and shape behavioral patterns?
- How to manage child violence?
- How to deal with a mental breakdown?
- The impact of classical music on the work of brain
- How insomnia affects our health?
- How bad dreams influence our mood?
- Is stress really harmful?
- How depression impacts the immune system?
- Intellectually gifted people: how is it possible?
Research Paper Topics on Science and Technologies
- How is light being used to treat cancer and other diseases?
- What is the current evidence that Mars has had water and maybe life?
- Can nanomedicine potentially extend the human lifespan?
- What is the future of computing and artificial intelligence?
- The role cryogenics may play in future.
- Can alternative energy effectively replace fossil fuels?
- Is it beneficial for wild animals to have interactions with people?
- What evidence do we have that CMB is the result of the big bang?
- How will self-driving cars change the way people live?
- Can using system like bitcoin help protect identity theft?
Research Paper Topics on Culture
- A new comprehension of past events
- The origin of racial discrimination
- The roots of antisemitism
- The impact of advertisements and commercials on modern art
- The most remarkable cultural achievements of the 20th century and their influence on our society
- Cultural revolutions throughout history
- How pop culture trends influence youth?
- Should pregnant celebrities be exposed on magazine’s covers?
- Why was Greek cultural influence so important for the ancient Mediterranean world?
- Why was the Victorian period a time of cultural change?
Research Paper Topics on Math
- The influence of algorithms
- Is it possible to build a winning monopoly strategy?
- Why is 'x' the unknown?
- How math changed the world?
- What's solution to the McDonald's math problem?
- How do math geniuses understand extremely hard math concepts so quickly?
- Should high school math contests be banned?
- What is the relationship between music and math?
- Are math formulas ever used in real life?
- What are some of the most confusing math problems ever?
Research Paper Topics on Business
- How do dirty business tactics work?
- Can business be started without money?
- Notorious business leaders
- Entrepreneurship and family business
- Ethical decision making in everyday work situations
- What are the most effective strategies for promoting a small business?
- Is it worth it to expand the business into a new region or country?
- How to build a successful startup
- The role of international business and sustainable development
- The impact of climate change on international business strategies
Blood Stored Longer May Be Less Safe for Patients With Massive Blood Loss and Shock
Mar. 9, 2018 In a collaborative study using a mouse model, researchers have found mechanistic links between older stored red blood cell transfusions and subsequent bacterial pneumonia. This may reveal new ... read more
Mar. 9, 2018 The absence of TTP, a protein critical to the control of inflammation, may lead to rapid and severe bone loss, according to a new ... read more
Mar. 9, 2018 The phenomenon of metastability -- when a system is in a state that is stable but not the one of least energy -- is widely observed in nature and technology. Yet, many aspects underlying the ... read more
Defect in Cells' Antenna Linked to Deformed Organs in Zebrafish
Mar. 9, 2018 A protein at the base of the 'antenna' of many of the body's cells is vital to a crucial type of cell signal and to whether organs like the heart develop correctly, a test with ... read more
Can't Sleep? Could Be Down to Genetics
Mar. 9, 2018 Researchers have identified specific genes that may trigger the development of sleep problems, and have also demonstrated a genetic link between insomnia and psychiatric disorders such as depression, ... read more
Moist Snuff: Blood Samples Can Soon Reveal Your Lifestyle
Mar. 9, 2018 People who use moist snuff 'snus' have significantly higher levels of the protein cornulin in their blood than non-snusers. This previously unknown relationship was found in a new study. ... read more
Mar. 9, 2018 With the goal of minimizing the side effects of chemotherapy on healthy tissues, scientists have developed novel nanocontainers able to deliver anticancer drugs at precise timing and location. They ... read more
Mar. 9, 2018 The importance of good nutrition in the early development of children has been recognized for many decades. Nutritional experiences in early life can have profound and long-lasting effects on body ... read more
Emotional Support Is Key for Stroke Patients, Research Suggests
Mar. 9, 2018 Doctors caring for severe stroke patients need to take account of their psychological needs and help prepare families for the possibility that they may not recover, a study ... read more
Meal Times May Be Key to Managing Malaria, Parasite Study Shows
Mar. 9, 2018 Malaria infections might be brought under control by managing the meal times of infected people or animals, a study ... read more
For Nanomedicine, Cell Sex Matmonoclonal Antibodies Crucial to Fighting Emerging Infectious Diseases
Mar. 9, 2018 Monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) -- preparations of a type of antibody designed to bind to a single target -- have shown promise in the fight against cancer and autoimmune diseases. They also may play a ... read more
Mar. 9, 2018 Researchers have identified third-hand smoke, the toxic residues that linger on indoor surfaces and in dust long after a cigarette has been extinguished, as a health hazard nearly 10 years ago. Now a ... read more
Mandatory Flu Vaccines for Healthcare Workers Reduce Absenteeism
Mar. 9, 2018 A multi-institutional study shows that mandatory flu vaccines for healthcare workers improve vaccination rates by as much as 30 percent and reduce absenteeism during critical periods by about six ... read more
Survivors of Childhood Cancer Are at Great Risk of Heart Problems in Adulthood
Mar. 8, 2018 A study of nearly 1,000 survivors of childhood cancer has found that they are at increased risk of suffering prematurely from cardiovascular disease in adulthood. Childhood cancer survivors had a ... read more
Social Stress Leads to Changes in Gut Bacteria
Mar. 8, 2018 Exposure to psychological stress in the form of social conflict alters gut bacteria in Syrian hamsters, according to a new ... read more
Anthropologists Show How Migrant Communities Physically Grow Taller When They Leave Hardship Behind
Mar. 8, 2018 A new study has shown that migrant populations moving to more affluent countries grow physically taller over relatively short periods of ... read more
Trends in Pain Medication Use
Mar. 8, 2018 A new study reveals that acetaminophen use and over-dosing rise in cold/flu season in the United States, primarily due to increased use of over-the-counter combination medications treating upper ... read more
Mesothelioma: Why Asbestos Is So Dangerous
Mar. 8, 2018 Long, pointed asbestos fibers induce chronic inflammation, which can lead to cancer. Researchers have found underlying mechanisms for this and hope their results will help prevent ... read more
How Does the Brain's Spatial Map Change When We Change the Shape of the Room?
Mar. 8, 2018 A new study explores the consequences of distorting the shape of the enclosing box on cognitive maps of space. The results detail how our cognitive maps adapt to changed environments and shed light ... read more
How Common Is Food Insecurity Among Older Adults?
Mar. 8, 2018 Food insecurity occurs when people lack access to food or go hungry due to poverty or other challenges. It remains a serious problem for many older adults. Recently, a research team from the ... read more
Friday, March 9, 2018
Thursday, March 8, 2018
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Tuesday, March 6, 2018