Short essay is similar to the basic essay writing guidelines, but it is shorter- only half a page. Small size short essay should have a good eye-catching topic. An outline is the best short essay format example. When you do not know what to write your essay about, moreover, the topic is extremely difficult and complex, try to start your creative work from drafting an outline of your future essay.
Short Essay Writing Details
There are basic recommendations that can help you in the writing process of short essay. Short essay consists of three parts, which are an introduction, essay body and conclusion. Ask yourself how many body paragraphs you will include in your essay. In most case scenarios, the nature of the short essay’s topic dictates the number of paragraphs. You should not even start writing without having an exact plan, meaning the outline of your short essay. If you have an essay on a more complex topic, it will require more paragraphs. This happens because you require more writing to discuss the issues related to the essay topic. If you write an essay on a specific topic, one or two essay paragraphs would be enough.
Introductory paragraph is of great importance for the short essay formats. Your essay should begin with the commanding opening line. If you have a chance to choose a topic, pick a provocative one. The topic is your line that you’ll play off throughout the whole essay. To draw the reader’s attention you should try to present your topic in an interesting, unusual way. The introduction has the great influence to the reader’s understanding and perceiving, it serves as an outline for the rest of the paper. Present your central points in the introduction, but avoid detailed explanation, as you can take too much away from your body paragraph. One more idea to make your introduction more interesting is to add some quotation by a famous writer in the head of the introduction. It will help your audience to guess the topic of your essay eve before you talk about it.
Essay Body Paragraphs
The paper turns around the axis of the body. All the facts you have, including your arguments, opinions and viewpoints should be placed within this section. You should tie everything together so that every reader could have a clear understanding of your essay topic. If you accumulated various dates, quotes and names while doing your research, do not hesitate to use them in the main essay body. Use them to prove your own viewpoint or illustrate the facts of your research. Keep in mind that each paragraph should flow into the next one for successful short essay writing. The paragraphs should be laid out in logical manner and interconnected with each other. If you have a problem that your paragraphs do not have a general point, consider making an essay outline.
Did you Know we can Write your Essay for You?
Details of Essay Body Paragraphs
Try to divide all of your arguments and points into several paragraphs. It will help you to set your viewpoints in straightforward manner without getting lost in thoughts’ chaos. Make sure to write every argument being specific and objective. It shouldn’t convey any overarching notion in the essay. There are no strict rules about the content of each paragraph, but experienced writers advise the following:
- The strongest points should be placed in the first paragraph.
- Arguments with the less strength should go in the second paragraph.
- The weakest arguments should be placed at the end paragraph.
This method of argument placing will hook the reader into the strongest thesis from the very first moments of reading. All the next arguments will strengthen your position and convince readers in it.
The main body part should take the largest amount of your essay. When it is completed, you should sum up all the arguments you talked about in the previous parts. Finalize all your thoughts in the conclusion paragraph. You should restate your central thesis, refer to the opening sentence and let your reader a notice that your discussion is going to wrap up. This will make them analyze the knowledge they have gained from your paper.
Short Essay Writing Help: 6 Rules To Follow
It’s very common for teachers to assign short essays to their students. Usually these are comprised of only 5 paragraphs. An essay assignment can arise in almost any class, whether it be history or math. Your essay should express an idea, concept or claim. You must provide some supporting evidence.
Short essays must abide by a logical pattern. If you follow some basic guidelines you can be very successful in writing short essays. Here are 6 rules you can follow:
- The 5 paragraphs must be made from an introduction, the body and a conclusion. The introduction will be the first paragraph. There will be 3 paragraphs in the body and the final paragraph will be the conclusion. This is the accepted format.
- The introduction should accomplish some specific goals. The main goals are to capture the reader’s interest, tell the reader what the essay is about and give the thesis statement. Don’t start with a boring sentence or you will lose your readers right at the beginning. Start with a sentence they can’t resist. The last sentence in the introduction must be the thesis statement.
- The body is made up of 3 paragraphs. Each one will cover a main supporting point that gives credence to your thesis (topic) statement. Each of these 3 ideas are independent of each other yet you will have to tie them all together and show the reader why each is essential in its own right. You can do this in the transition from one paragraph to the next.
- The fifth and final paragraph is the conclusion. It is a summary of the body of the essay. It shows the reader how your body of evidence supported your thesis statement. It’s the last and most memorable part of the essay, so make it count!
- Check for flow of logic. The ideas should go smoothly from one to the next. There shouldn’t be any parts of the essay where the reader pauses and wonders what they just read. It is very beneficial to ask someone else to read your essay and then tell you what it was all about. If they are confused, you need to bring more clarity to your writing.
- Proof read and edit. Never skimp on this step. It’s one of the most important of all. Many a great essay failed because of poor editing.