Patriotism is the feeling of love and respect of your country, its history and traditions. Patriotism is a natural and probably the most important factor of the country’s success, because if people are the patriots, they work hard for the development of their country, protection of its historical heritage and improvement of the love towards the culture of the nation. The people who do not love their native country and have no idea about its traditions and history are not able to be called the people of this country, they are the simple citizens, who just live on its territory.
Patriotism is the major factor, which makes people create the human history, works hard, fight and die for their country. Without this factor there would be no wars, dignity and courage. When the aggressor tries to invade the country, it can simple capitulate, but it does not, because there are people who want to see their country independent, flourishing and rich. No one enjoys when the stranger comes into his house and starts to set his own rules. The same thing is the country. If the invader starts to dictate with will, people start to protect their homes and the whole country with the purpose to maintain its identity and uniqueness.
Patriotism is the respect of the native history. It is natural and essential to be aware about the most important facts of the history of your country, because you learn many new and fascinating facts about the average people, their lifestyle, the failure and success and you start to realize how much does it cost to make the country prosperous, stable and convenient for life. Patriotism is not the love towards the territory of the country, it is the love towards the traditions and people who live on this territory, so it is important to have patriotic feeling in order to show the respect towards the ones who have contributed into the development of the country and its current peaceful condition.
It is a positive thing that patriotism is propagated since childhood, because children are the future of every country and if they love this country, they would strive to improve it further. Patriotism is not the humiliation of other countries and ethnicities; it is a natural love and respect towards the native country and this attitude should exist in everyone if he wants his country to be prosperous and esteemed.
Actually all free sample essays and examples available online are 100% plagiarized! If you need a high-quality customized essay on Patriotism topics written from scratch, you can easily hire professional academic writers online:
Click here to read more about custom essays here!
You will get a 100% non-plagiarized essay paper about Patriotism from SmartWritingService essay writing service!
Patriotism is an affinity and allegiance toward your own country. Long associated with the United States of America, the term is equally applicable to any country, throughout many different periods of history.
Patriotism Essay Types
Persuasive and expository essays are the two most common types of essays you’ll be asked to write in school, but a patriotism essay can be written in other styles too. For example:
- Reflective essay. Discuss the significance of patriotism in your life, and how certain events have changed the way you perceive your home country.
- Definition essay. Define “patriotism” and explain how it works in your community.
- Comparison essay. Compare and contrast patriotism across two different cultures, and explain how each culture expresses their national identity and love of their country.
Patriotism – History
Patriotism has its roots throughout history, from early government loyalists to today’s modern patriots. Here are some patriotism essay topics for history class:
- Patriotism in the American Revolution. Describe how colonials in the United States formed a patriotic bond and fought for independence against the British.
- Patriotism in Nazi Germany. Discuss how Hitler used patriotism as a means of exerting power, and explain the German population’s patriotism during World War II.
- Compare and contrast patriotism throughout history. Choose two patriotic periods in history — such as the French Revolution and the American Revolution — and compare how people expressed their patriotism. Alternatively, choose two societies and compare their patriotism from an historical time period to their patriotism today.
Patriotism – Ethics
Patriotism is widely accepted within most cultures, but ethical dilemmas abound when viewing it outside of a given culture. Here are some examples of patriotism essays related to ethics, which are ideal for philosophy, history, rhetoric or ethics classes:
- Expressions of patriotism. How do different cultures express their patriotism, and how do other cultures perceive these expressions?
- Patriotism vs. xenophobia. Discuss how people use their patriotism to exclude or belittle other nations.
- Conscientious objectors: traitors or patriots? The United States military has a special exception class for people who are conscientious objectors to war. Should these people be forced to serve, or are they exercising their freedom by choosing not to serve?
Patriotism – Literary
Many works of literature include patriotic themes:
- Biography. Choose a biography of a famous person and discuss how patriotism impacted their lives. Popular choices: John Adams, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Winston Churchill, Cesar Chavez, Nelson Mandela, Bhagat Singh, Paul Kagame, William Wallace, and Mahatma Gandhi.
- Patriotism in Literature. Choose a piece of literature and analyze the main characters’ patriotism. Popular options: Catch-22 by Joseph Heller, A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway, All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque, and 1984 by George Orwell.