To be a successful candidate for civil engineering jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. If you're just starting your civil engineering career but need to shore up your resume's infrastructure, check out this resume sample for an entry-level civil engineer that Isaacs created below. You can also download the entry-level civil engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Sometown, MI 48103
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
- Upcoming graduate of ABET-accredited bachelor’s in civil engineering program. Backed by successful internship experience and knowledge of engineering theories, principles, specifications and standards. Plan to earn Engineer in Training certification upon graduation.
- Demonstrated 3D skills with the ability to design site layouts from concept through completion. Proficient user of AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation and ArcGIS.
- Knowledge of Sometown, MI Municipalities Planning Code and zoning, subdivision and storm water ordinances.
ABC UNIVERISTY, Sometown, MI
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering program,120/132 credits completed
- Honors: Chi Epsilon (Civil Engineering Honor Society), Dean’s List (5 semesters)
- Activities: Member, American Society of Civil Engineers and Emerging Green Builders (EGB); Planning Committee, Engineering Expo
- Course Highlights:
- Civil Engineering Design
- Cost Estimating & Surveying
- Structural Analysis & Dynamics
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Construction Methods
- Traffic & Materials Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics & Hydraulics
- Concrete & Steel Design
XYZ COMPANY, Sometown, MI
Engineering firm serving government and commercial clients.
Intern, Civil Engineering Group, September 2016 to Present
- Assisted civil engineers on several key government projects involving roadway designs and improvements, solutions easing traffic congestion and replacement of deteriorating bridges.
- Handled cost-of-materials estimations, report and document tracking, project documentation, on-site project visits, invoice/agreement verification and building permit applications.
- Gained experience in blueprint reading, as well as preparation of maps and plans.
ABC COMPANY, Sometown, MI
Worked in telesales throughout college to help finance education.
Sales Representative, June 2014 to August 2016 (seasonal)
- Cold-called small business owners to sign new accounts for ABC Company’s print advertising service.
- Cultivated excellent relationships throughout assigned territory.
"We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us." — Winston Churchill
Sample cover letter for Full Time position at Jacobs
To whom it may concern,
I wish to apply for the role of Graduate Civil Engineer (Job Number: EU/00000G), currently being advertised in Gradcracker.
As you will see from my enclosed CV, I have spent the last year working as an engineering assistant responsible for control different work packages such as tender comparison, control of the construction and the installation planning, optimization of construction means, technical reports and construction and installation logistics. Particularly, I worked as an assistant to site engineer involved in the construction of a new wastewater collection system and the replacement of an existing water supply network in Selva (Spain) at Vitrac Obra Publica S.L. during a four-month contract.
I am highly interested in being a Jacobs employee for many reasons. First of all, the reputation of the firm and its core values are essential to begin a great career as a civil engineer; strong relationships between partners and clients based on trust and respect, delivering quality work and value to clients and growing as a professional with Jacobs and for-profit client's business. This role is an amazing opportunity to be a multiskilled professional involved in major projects of large scale systems such as Blackfriars, Upper Forth Bridge Crossing or Mars Rove, to interact with multidisciplinary and talented people.
I also feel I possess the necessary personal and professional qualities to meet the demands of the job. I am highly motivated in this particular area of business for the changing future; sustainable water management and water strategies. And I consider myself well equipped to respond to the challenge offered by the post, developing both technical and project management skills, being a team worker, and playing an important role with the Jacobs' growth.
I would be able to start work immediately and I am available for interview at any time which might be convenient to you. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.
See our template for making your own punchy cover letter
Get access to over 7,000 cover letters from candidates getting jobs at your target companies.