A List Of The Most Interesting Physical Anthropology Term Paper Ideas
Physical Anthropology or biological anthropology deals with behavioral and biological aspects of humans. It looks at the differences in appearance among people in different countries. When you are looking to write a paper on this subject, it is helpful to have a list to read through to give you some ideas and get you headed in the right direction.
You can use the ideas in the list or use them to work out your own term paper idea. Make sure that you choose a topic that you are interested and one that you want to learn more about. It will help you when it comes to writing the paper. If you are not that interested, it will become more of a task and that will cause it to take a lot longer. The topic must also be relevant to the course studies. Here are some great ideas to get you thinking about what types of things you can write your paper on.
- Study of how various species evolve differently in different areas of the World
- Difference in the stability of animals kept in captivity over those in the wild
- Convergent evolution of marsupials in Australia and placental mammals
- Study of abiogenesis and human development
- Study of adaptive mutation and its effects
- Henry Walter Bates contribution to the field
- Is altruism a learned trait?
- The process of cephalization
- Study of genetic hitchhiking
- Study of genotype-environment correlation
One of the best places to find topics to write about is in the index of your text book. You will see key words for all sorts of topics that you can write about. Once you have chosen your topic, you will need to write a detailed outline that is in complete sentences. The outline should also include transitions from one topic to the next. The outline will help you stay on topic and prove your thesis statement. When you are writing a term paper, you will need to use direct quotes from credible sources to prove the points that you are making. It is important to give them proper credit so you need to make sure that you are citing them properly.
You need to make sure that you enjoy the topic that you want to write your paper on so that the rest of the process is easier.
home | contact
© 2012-2018 Mcgrath Native Council. All Rights Reserved.
According to Merriam-Webster (2015), anthropology can be defined as the science of human beings and the study of human beings and their ancestors through time and space and in relation to phenomena. These phenomena would include but are not limited to physical character, environment, social relations and culture (Merriam-Webster, 2015). Types of anthropology include biological anthropology, cultural anthropology, medical anthropology, linguistics anthropology and archaeology. By its nature, the field of anthropology is a multidisciplinary construct. For example, archaeology and linguistics would be closely related to cultural elements. Anthropology teaches humans about themselves and how they have developed as a species. In addition, it provides a foundation for interpreting events and predicting future behavioral patterns in relation to stimuli. Most topics within the spectrum of liberal arts education could be examined through an anthropological lens.
Anthropology Paper Topics
The professional staff at PowerPapers.com are equipped to navigate the interdisciplinary perspectives necessary for anthropological inquiry. In addition, they are equipped to help students select anthropological studies that are symmetrical to instructor needs as well as the interests of that particular student. Whether the student is in need of short ethnographic analyses of an observed event or a complete Master’s project on an in depth anthropological study, PowerPapers.com is equally comfortable and capable seeing projects from their inception to their completion. For your anthropology paper topic needs, Powerpapers.com’s staff can be reached by email for placing an order through our secure server or for questions regarding potential topics.
40+ Interesting Anthropology Research Paper Topics
One of the most complicated elements of anthropological exploration is the need for objectivity. When examining other cultures or past historical events, the researcher is doing so through the eyes and perspective of all of those elements that have influenced their respective lives. Objectivity, as a result, can never be absolute. All researchers are potentially biased by their own experiences, their own knowledge base, their own prejudices and their own time period. Though this can never be fully removed, anthropological exploration necessitates particular care and objectivity for producing valid results. In addition, it is also necessary for anthropological researchers to understand when and where such biases may be present in an interpretation. Beyond topic selection, therefore, there is a process for anthropological paper completion in regards to objectivity that makes it different than other fields of inquiry.
Below is a list of some topics that would fall within the spectrum of anthropological paper topics. This list is by no means exhaustive, however, it was crafted with the intent to illustrate different directions of inquiry that could be embraced within one or more of the anthropological fields of study. In addition, they illustrate other possibilities for cross curricular analysis for non majors. While PowerPapers.com staff members can complete projects of various sizes on any of the following topics, the same list could be used as a starting point for students to use to select their own project.
- Anthropological theory and human evolution
- Peru’s Quechua people
- Women in Lakota Sioux culture
- Environmental anthropology and contemporary policy
- Medical anthropology
- The influence of culture, health and illness on human society
- HIV/AIDs: A global perspective
- Biological anthropology and human social patterns
- Biological anthropology and human warfare
- Human biological variability and social interactions
- The Western impact on North American indigenous peoples
- Folklore and primitive society
- Savage, primitive and tribal: Labels and the evolution of perspectives on indigenous people
- Cities and the modern man
- Automation and changing patterns of human behavior
- Biology and culture: Influences on human society
- Cultural anthropology and its links to political science
- Critical race theory
- Cultural assimilation
- Franz Fanon and the impact of colonialism
- Cultural imperialism and modern media
- Ethnic cleansing: Genocide in the human experience
- Interracial couples in Islamic society
- Racial identity and stereotypes
- Ancient civilizations: The Aztec and Maya
- Lord of the Flies: An anthropological exploration of human behavior
- Religious diversity in Turkey
- Coming of age in contemporary Jewish families
- Similarities and differences in Asian and American hip hop
- Trekies: The subculture of the Star Trek franchise
- Political correctness in the 21st Century
- Barack Obama: Implications of the first African American President
- A history of Warfare: John Keegan and cultural/biological aggression
- Hunter gatherer societies
- Pagan festivals and rituals
- Underwater anthropology and the advancement of human knowledge
- The evolution of the modern Western celebration of Halloween
- A television analysis: Modern Family & Will & Grace; changing definitions of the family unit
- Growing old in Western culture
- Deviant behavior and cultural implications
- Concepts of childhood in emergent economies
Do you have any additional ideas or would like to further discuss your projects needs, simply email us here.
Click for more great research paper topics listed by discipline.
Merriam-Webster. (2015). Anthropology. Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Retrieved from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anthropology
Category: Research Paper Topics